pH / ORP / ISE Process Measurement & Control Systems
Product Focus # 1 – Cost Effective pH & ORP Measurement - (Sept. 2006)
· Guaranteed Longest Lasting Sensors Available with performance guarantee*
· Sensors are compatible with most existing pH/ORP Meters, Transmitters & Analyzers**
· Application Specific Engineering results in optimum Lifetime & Performance***
· Integrated Temperature Compensation, Preamplifiers & Solution Ground Elements
· Solid State Reference System offers superior resistance to Fouling & Dehydration
· Applications such as Acid/Fluoride, Hi-Temp, Saturated Sodium and Sulfide Resistant are available as standard options
· Custom Applications are available, often at no additional charge
· Most Installation Styles are Supported Including: Immersion, Twist Lock, Valve Retractable & Sanitary
· Available in a wide range of plastics, from inexpensive CPVC & PVC to thermally & chemically resilient RYTON® thermoplastic
· High Pressure Applications up to 100 psi for Valve Retractable & 150 psi for Inline Installations can be supported for continuous use
· Operating Temperatures from -30 to +150 ºC (-22 to +302 ºF) can be supported for continuous use
Product Focus No. 1 – Cost Effective pH & ORP Measurement
Cost-effective pH & ORP sensors can retrofit to your existing Transmitter
v Solid-state conductive polymer reference system reduces cleaning requirements, allows for aggressive chemical & mechanical cleaning to elongate sensor life
v Proven in heavy industry slurries, thick-wall pH glass elements are nearly impossible to break during normal process operation, cleaning and calibration
v Flat pH Elements offer excellent “self-cleaning” operation for slurries
v Chemically & thermally resistant RYTON® thermoplastic sensor body housing and High Density Poly-Ethylene (HDPE) reference junction matrix
v Support for embedded temperature compensation elements, stainless steel solution grounds (liquid earth), and conventional & differential preamplifiers allows for connection to almost any existing pH/ORP transmitter or controller
Cost-effective 4-Wire 4TX and 2-Wire 2TX pH & ORP Transmitters
v True 2-wire 2TX meter simplifies installation and reduces power requirements
v 2TX & 4TX support external preamplifiers for installation up to 500 feet away
v Excellent input impedance support (> 1013 Ω) for sensors without preamplifiers
v ¼ DIN pH/ORP Transmitter & Controller in Watertight IP65 Case
v Four (4) each Programmable 5 Amp Relays & One (1) each 5 Amp Wash Relay
v Automatic & Manual Temperature Compensation from -10 to +120 Celsius with 3K Balco or 100 & 1000 Ohm Platinum TC Elements
v RS 485 Digital Output, 4-digit security password
v Fully Isolated, Reversible & Programmable single 4-20 mA output for pH or ORP signal with linear or proportional output
Low Cost pH Sensor WITHOUT preamplifier for 4TX or 2TX meters
Model: PNZ 2012-1000-15 Low Cost General Purpose pH Sensor
Description: ¾”- ¾” MNPT Immersion CPVC Bodied Low Cost pH Sensor with thick-wall break resistant Low Impedance Fast Response 9 millimeter MUGG pH glass and solid-state conductive polymer double junction HDPE reference; Integrated 1000 Ohm Platinum Temperature Compensator; 15 feet of cable to connect directly to 4TX & 2TX pH Transmitters
Rugged pH Sensor WITH preamplifier for 4TX or 2TX meters
Model: PN 6952-4TX-100 Rugged Saturated Sodium Purpose pH Sensor
Description: ¾”- 1” MNPT Immersion RYTON Bodied Saturated Sodium Resistant pH Sensor with thick-wall break resistant CH-III pH glass & solid-state conductive polymer double junction HDPE reference; Integrated 1000 Ohm Platinum Temperature Compensator & 6311 compatible preamplifier; 100 feet cable with tinned lead wires to connect directly to 4TX & 2TX pH Transmitters
Rugged ORP Sensor WITHOUT preamplifier for 4TX or 2TX meters
Model: PN 6852-1000-15 Rugged General Purpose ORP Sensor
Description: ¾”- 1” MNPT Immersion RYTON Bodied General Purpose ORP sensor with thick-band platinum (ORP) sensing element and solid-state conductive polymer double junction HDPE reference; Integrated 1000 Ohm Platinum Temperature Measurement Element; 15 feet of cable with tinned lead wires to connect directly to 4TX & 2TX ORP Transmitters
Choosing the Correct pH/ORP Sensor
1. Choose a sensor body type that suits the physical parameters of the installation (refer to the Configurations Portion of pH/ORP and Ion Selective webpages).
2. Choose a sensor that suits the process application, temperature, chem istry, and physical parame ters of the installation (refer to Sensor Selection Guides and call factory or local sales agent for support)
3. Choose a sensor housing material that is compatible with the process chemistry, temperature & pressure (refer to Chemical Resistance Charts as posted under the Technical Documents portion of the website).
4. Select suitable temperature compensation element, solution ground & integrated preamplifier based upon the mating pH/ORP Instrument (refer to Electrochemical Instrumentation Page & ask for factory support).
5. Specify the required cable length based upon installation location (refer to Part Numbering Guide).
* Subject to application qualification and review by an approved ASTI sales agent and/or factory. Performance guarantee is posted on the ASTI online application questionnaire page.
** See list of supported pH/ORP/ISE Instruments webpages as posted on the ASTI website.
*** Completion of Application Questionnaire form is required. Other restrictions may apply.